From TinyOS Documentation Wiki
This page details how to get the latest release (2.1.2) of TinyOS installed and running on your system.
At the bottom of the page are some links to additional information addressing some common problems encountered during the installation procedure and tools that ease developing.
Officially Supported Methods
- Manual installation using RPM packages - for Cygwin
- Virtual Machine:
- From source
- Installing from source - Use the latest version from the repositories
User Contributed Methods
- Installing XubunTOS (with TinyOS from tp-freeforall/prod repository) in VirtualBox
- Installing TinyOS on Mac OS (Tiger & Leopard)
- Installing TinyOS-2.x on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)
- Installing TinyOS on Gentoo
- Unofficial MacPorts toolchains for MSP430 and AVR
- Installing TinyOS from Source on Fedora 13 64bit
- Unofficial AVR toolchain for TinyOS for OpenSolaris followers
TinyOS versions 2.1 and 2.0.2
Once installed, find out how to finish setting up and doing your first build in the tutorial Getting Started with TinyOS.